Music acts a step closer to 02 final
ipswich: It’s judgement day for some of the region’s best performers tomorrow as the Regional Final of Live and Unsigned gets under way at the Corn Exchange.
Cheered on by hundreds of fans, they will be battling it for the chance to win a recording and management contract among other prizes. More than 50,000 acts have entered the competition in the last five years, covering all types of music from heavy rock to rap.
Ipswich’s Underline the Sky won the rock category last year.
Among those looking to follow in their footsteps and take another step closer to the Live and Unsigned Festival at London’s 02 this year is singer songwriter Daniel Hunter, from Hitcham, who gigs with various bands in the area. Also looking to impress the professional panel – including judges from Kerrang, NME Radio and Radio One – will be Lauren Andrews who grew up in Felixstowe but now lives and performs in Norwich.
She will be showcasing her blues, country and gypsy-influenced style.
You may also want to watch:
Kaleidofly – Logan Dennis from Ipswich and Rachel Gardner, Bobby and Sam Chincharo and Chris Furness from Croydon – will aim to wow with their melodic rock.
Doors open at 12.15pm, with the show starting at 12.30pm.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 4 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future