Music awards event to be held at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The New Music Generator (NMG) Awards are set to take place at the Apex, in Bury St Edmunds, next month.
It will be the first time they have taken place in Suffolk as musicians from across East Anglia gather for a night to celebrate the achievements of the region’s music scene.
Over 100 artists have been nominated across nine categories including male and female solo, 18 and under, alternative, rock, electronic and experimental and Indie.
These, along with breakthrough artist and breakout artist will be judged by a panel including Cambridge Junction promoter Gary Brown, alongside Neil Jones (Cambridge Live), Phil Pethybridge (Neon Street), Helen Meissner (Folkstock) and brand new judge Graeme Mac (BBC Introducing in Suffolk) at the event being held on Friday, September 7.
The public will once again choose their favourite artist in the audience choice category and will also get their say as those who provide vital help to the music scene are recognised.
You may also want to watch:
To be eligible for a nomination, nominees have to be based within either Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire and be featured with a new release on the New Music Generator radio programme between last year’s ceremony and May 31, 2018.
The NMG Awards 2018 are sponsored by Curve Motion, Homegrown Music Festival, Crooks Hall Studios and The Hunter Club and are supported by Cambridge 105 Radio and The Apex.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
Tickets are available via the Apex website www.theapex.co.uk