Music awards event to be held at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The New Music Generator (NMG) Awards are set to take place at the Apex, in Bury St Edmunds, next month.
It will be the first time they have taken place in Suffolk as musicians from across East Anglia gather for a night to celebrate the achievements of the region’s music scene.
Over 100 artists have been nominated across nine categories including male and female solo, 18 and under, alternative, rock, electronic and experimental and Indie.
These, along with breakthrough artist and breakout artist will be judged by a panel including Cambridge Junction promoter Gary Brown, alongside Neil Jones (Cambridge Live), Phil Pethybridge (Neon Street), Helen Meissner (Folkstock) and brand new judge Graeme Mac (BBC Introducing in Suffolk) at the event being held on Friday, September 7.
The public will once again choose their favourite artist in the audience choice category and will also get their say as those who provide vital help to the music scene are recognised.
To be eligible for a nomination, nominees have to be based within either Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire and be featured with a new release on the New Music Generator radio programme between last year’s ceremony and May 31, 2018.
The NMG Awards 2018 are sponsored by Curve Motion, Homegrown Music Festival, Crooks Hall Studios and The Hunter Club and are supported by Cambridge 105 Radio and The Apex.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
Tickets are available via the Apex website www.theapex.co.uk