Music stars The Vamps playing Newmarket Racecourses next August
- Credit: Archant
British chart-toppers The Vamps will headline Summer Saturday Live at Newmarket Racecourses next year.
Since releasing their debut single Can We Dance in 2013 they’ve had five top 10 hits including Wild Heart, Last Night and Somebody To You.
Latest album Night and stormed straight into the top 10 on the iTunes chart in more than 20 countries, hitting number one in the UK official album charts.
The Vamps said: “We’re really excited to headline Newmarket Racecourses next summer. It’s going to be our first racecourse headline show. We’ll be playing lots of new songs as well as old. Bring your hats and let’s have a dance.”
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, looked forward to welcominge them band to the course for the first time on August 25.
“I have no doubt they will put on a fantastic show for what is always a great afternoon of entertainment, starting the bank holiday weekend in style. We look forward to confirming the next music acts for the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Previous Summer Saturday Live and Newmarket Nights performers have included Jess Glynne, McBusted and Little Mix.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse