Musical fundraiser for Ipswich Hospital Blossom Appeal and Cancer Research at John Peel Centre, Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk trio The Kettle Girls are performing a show in aid of The Ipswich Hospital Blossom Appeal and Cancer Research.
It’s a cause close to the singers’ hearts, with one member diagnosed with breast cancer last year and a close relative of another diagnosed a few weeks later.
The a cappella group’s Jenny May said: “All the staff I met while receiving care at Ipswich Hospital were wonderful and I can’t thank them enough. Receiving a diagnosis of cancer at the age of 35, seemingly out of nowhere, was hugely frightening.
“Although nothing will make the treatment and side effects from it easy, I always felt cared for, listened to and given a positive plan of action. I hope our Loving Life event will not only show our appreciation for all cancer professionals, but will also give a positive message that you can still live and love life during and after a cancer diagnosis.”
The Blossom Appeal aims to build a new breast care centre at Ipswich Hospital where all patients can receive state-of-the-art care under one roof.
The April 28 fundraiser, at Stowmarket’s John Peel Centre, starts at 8pm and features a mix of styles including jazz, folk, comedy and original songs. The trio, which also includes Heather Bexon and Ilona Stretch, will be joined by Bex and Freda.
There will also be a raffle with prizes donated by the Regal theatre, Paul Wright and Co, Harts Homebrew and Crafts, G Tydeman Jewellers, Molls and Dolls and Roots and Shoots Garden Centre. Proceeds will also go to both charities.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking