Nearly Dan, The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, Saturday, January 20
- Credit: Archant
Donald Fagen and Walter Becker would be immensely proud and impressed with this nine-piece outfit.
For they gave adoring fans of Steely Dan a fantastic and wonderful rendition of some of their well known tracks.
From their opening number of Boston Rag right through to their final track of My Old School it was a concert to thrill for the ardent followers of the American band.
Nearly Dan’s approach is faithful, though not reverential, and relaxed but as tight as their namesakes and they brought their own unique spirit to the gig.
Now in its 21st year on the road, they played many of the Steely Dan favourites in their 19 song concert and included Green Earrings, Black Cow, Haitian Divorce, Peg, Aja, Rikki Don’t Lose That Number, Don’t Take Me Alive, Deacon Blues, FM, Kid Charlemagne and Reeling In The Years.
You may also want to watch:
It was a wonderful treat for music lovers of the band.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well