New art gallery opens its doors
The owner of a new art gallery in east Suffolk has welcomed the “amazingly positive” community response to her new venture.
Sue van der Meulen celebrated the official opening of the Stone Tile Gallery in Wickham Market yesterday with a reception for friends, customers and people living in the village.
A former London fashion buyer, Mrs van der Meulen is also a founding member of the Suffolk Punch Trust with which she was the general manager until last year. She says her latest venture is “an outlet for my passion for stone”.
“The Stone Tile Gallery specialises in using stone in the home, but that’s a bit flat and boring and so I thought it would be much more fun to have a gallery with local people doing small exhibitions too,” she added. The gallery, in High Street, is one of a number of new businesses to have opened recently in the village, and Mrs van der Meulen said the community’s response to the venture has been “amazingly positive”.
“Everyone has said how wonderful it is and how good it will be for the village,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
It will open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday mornings, as well as by appointment.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season