Make Way for Lucia to be performed at the Quay Theatre in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Sudbury Dramatic Society (SDS) returns to the Quay Theatre next month with Make Way for Lucia by John Van Druten, adapted from the popular series of books by EF Benson.
In the small town of Tilling during the 1930s, the pace is slow and there’s not an awful lot for the genteel folk to do other than gossip, paint, shop, entertain and play bridge.
Tilling society is led by Miss Mapp, until the arrival of Lucia who – as part of an annual house-swap on the part of the Tilling residents – is renting Miss Mapp’s house for the summer.
Outsider Lucia, along with close friend Georgie, soon start to make their own mark on the town as rivals to Miss Mapp’s supremacy.
Belinda Hasler, who is directing the play, said: “The play is a story of two women, who are each trying to gain the upper hand and is true to the distinctive characters imagined by EF Benson, on whose books the play is based.
You may also want to watch:
“With a gentle humour and a cast of experienced SDS actors, every single character gets the chance to make their own impression on the audience.”
Make Way for Lucia is on at The Quay Theatre from Tuesday, September 11 to Saturday, September 15 at 7.45pm and tickets are available now from The Quay Theatre Box Office on 01787 374745 or online at www.quaysudbury.com
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay