New Wolsey offers new opportunities to the physically and sensory impaired
YOUNG people with physical disabilities and sensory impairments are wanted to form a new performance company.
The aim of the New Wolsey Theatre project is to provide new opportunities with ongoing skills development and to change the sometimes negative perception of young disabled people in all aspects of the performing arts.
Young Company2 will cover all aspects of theatre-making. Once established, a piece of devised physical theatre will be created and performed at the theatre next year.
“Creative Learning uses theatre as a catalyst to develop creativity with the aim of celebrating identity, contributing to positive change and increasing capacity and expertise,” said associate director Rob Salmon.
“This project will make a significant impact on the organisation and particularly the young people currently engaged with the theatre’s youth work, and the future provision not only in Ipswich but we hope the rest of the region and eventually UK-wide.”
You may also want to watch:
The Creative Learning team are inviting 14-25 year olds interested in joining the group to a free taster session from 6.30pm-9pm, Monday, at SUFFOLK ONE, Scrivener Drive, Ipswich. There will be another on February 14 at the same venue.
For more details or to book a place on one of the taster sessions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01473 295930.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year