Newmarket: Dizzee Rascal to play July Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Dizzee Rascal makes his Adnams Newmarket Nights debut this summer.
The British rapper, whose music inspired Lizzy Yarnold to her Winter Olympics gold medal in the skeleton bob, will play The July Course on August 8.
The Brit Award winner released fifth studio album The Fifth, spawning several top 10 hits and becoming his fourth consecutive record to peak in the top 10 in the UK.
Five bands from Here And Now will perform on June 20, James Blunt plays June 27, The Beach Boys on July 18, Tom Jones on August 1 and Wet Wet Wet will perform on August 15.
The remaining act, playing Newmarket Racecourses on July 25, will be revealed soon.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Some of the most famous artists and bands of all time have played at Adnams Newmarket Nights. Now we are delighted to be welcoming one of the world’s top rappers in Dizzee Rascal to Newmarket Racecourses.”
Tickets for all acts are on sale now.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75