Newmarket: Dizzee Rascal to play July Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Dizzee Rascal makes his Adnams Newmarket Nights debut this summer.
The British rapper, whose music inspired Lizzy Yarnold to her Winter Olympics gold medal in the skeleton bob, will play The July Course on August 8.
The Brit Award winner released fifth studio album The Fifth, spawning several top 10 hits and becoming his fourth consecutive record to peak in the top 10 in the UK.
Five bands from Here And Now will perform on June 20, James Blunt plays June 27, The Beach Boys on July 18, Tom Jones on August 1 and Wet Wet Wet will perform on August 15.
The remaining act, playing Newmarket Racecourses on July 25, will be revealed soon.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Some of the most famous artists and bands of all time have played at Adnams Newmarket Nights. Now we are delighted to be welcoming one of the world’s top rappers in Dizzee Rascal to Newmarket Racecourses.”
Tickets for all acts are on sale now.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years