Newmarket: Frankie Valli thrills the crowds at Adnams Newmarket Nights
HE may be getting on in years but Frankie Valli can still draw a crowd.
And he thrilled the thousands at Newmarket Racecourse, last night, with a string of hits going back to his days as frontman with The Four Seasons.
The “New Jersey Boy”, as he calls himself, rattled out the songs along with his quartet of singers and orchestra.
The diminutive 78-year-old scored 29 Top 40 hits with The Four Seasons and many of them were repeated during his 90-minute show including his number one hits “Sherry” (1962), “Big Girls Don’t Cry” (1962), “Walk Like a Man” (1963), “Rag Doll” (1964) and “December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” (1975).
The slick harmony of his four backing singers complemented Valli’s voice which still stands the test of time.
You may also want to watch:
The songs tripped off the tongue of his loyal fans who crammed into the Premier Enclosure of the racecourse.
Hips were swaying and toes were tapping to his array of familiar tunes which included “Grease”, “Beggin’”, “Got You Under My Skin”, “My Eyes Adored You”, “Let’s Hang On!” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
This year’s Adnams Newmarket Nights, which began on June 22 with Madness, continues, on Friday, July 20, with Kool and the Gang; followed by Van Morrison, August 3; Tom Jones, August 10; Jessie J, August 17; and Summer Saturday Live with Steps, on August 25.
Go to www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk for full details