Newmarket: Keane to play the racecourse in the summer
- Credit: Archant
MULTI-million selling rock band Keane were today named headliner for the Adnams Newmarket Night, on the July Course, at Newmarket Racecourses, on Friday, August 9.
In their 10-year career they have sold over 10 million albums worldwide and garnered many awards including two BRITs, an Ivor Novello award and three Q awards, and become one of the biggest British bands in the world. Keane recently achieved their fifth consecutive number 1 album with the release of “Strangeland2 in 2012.
Keane were formed in 1997 and the band comprises vocalist Tom Chaplin, Tim Rice-Oxley on keyboards, Richard Hughes on drums and Jesse Quin on bass.
Amy Starkey, regional director of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are very excited about having Keane at Adnams Newmarket Nights this summer and I’m sure our spectators will be delighted with their concert. It is going to be a superb evening of horse racing and music, and I’m sure many thousands of the band’s fans will be with us on Friday, August 9.”
Adnams Newmarket Nights attracted audiences totaling over 100,000 last year –and another total attendance well into six figures is expected over seven dates this summer.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the Adnams Newmarket Nights with Madness (July 19), the Kaiser Chiefs (August 2) and Keane (August 9) which have already been announced, there are four other concerts at the July Course on Friday evenings over the summer – June 21 and 28, July 26 and August 16. The four remaining artists will be announced in coming weeks.
Tickets details for the Keane concert are as follows: £40 (Premier Enclosure), £35 (Grandstand and Paddock) and £25 (Family Enclosure). Tickets for children aged five to 17 are priced for the three enclosures at £18, £17 and £12 respectively. Children’s tickets are limited and must be purchased in conjunction with adult tickets. Once the reduced price child ticket allocation has been reached, adult prices apply. All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. There are no reserved seats. Parking is free. Restaurant bookings 01638 675300.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
Ticket purchases: online www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk; telephone 0844 579 3010.