October 21, 2015 - Why Back to the Future remains an enduring screen classic
- Credit: Archant
After more than 25 years of waiting, it’s finally Back to the Future Day – so let’s all swoop into work on hoverboards and flying cars and look forward to the release of Jaws 19.
Well that’s what should be happening, according to those behind the hugely popular Back to the Future films which saw Marty McFly and best pal Doc Brown travel to October 21, 2015 in a bid to save his as-yet unborn son’s future.
While there are many things from Back to the Future II’s vision of today that don’t quite tally with our own reality, there were a few predictions that were just about right – fingerprint identity, wearable technology, voice-controlled devices.
And the three-film franchise still has a huge following, so much so that groups around the region will be celebrating today’s landmark in typically time-travelling fashion.
You may also want to watch:
How well do you know the films? Test your knowledge in our quiz and share your favourite moments from the films below.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich