Outdoor screening of Grease in Glemsford
- Credit: IP-Art
Grease is the word for an outdoor screening of the ever-popular musical film near Sudbury next month.
Cinema Under The Stars takes place at Glemsford playing field on July 13 and the showing of the 1978 hit film starring John Travolta and Oliva Newton John will raise funds towards the upkeep of the fields.
Steve Beetles of Glemsford Playing Field Committee said it was hoped the live cinema show would become an annual event.
He said the committee had recently been re-formed and it wanted to make the field much better used within the community.
"Glemsford is a big village yet it has minimal facilities so that is something we want to change," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought a cinema would be a good way of getting people interested in what the playing field has to offer."
Steve said that in the short term the committee wanted to improve the existing pitches, then begin introducing improvements such as tree planting.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Matchday live: Bonne misses golden chance as Owls take half-time lead
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
"Long-term we would like to see a pavilion with a cafe and changing rooms. If we work as a community we can really get it going," he said.
Ticket prices for Grease start from £11 and must be bought from Eventbrite but children under five get in for free.
Gates open at 6pm and the film starts at sunset at around 9.30pm.
Food and drink will be on sale but families are welcome to bring a picnic.
For more details go to the Glemsford Playing Field Group Facebook page.