Otley: Suffolk Singers qualify for Choir of the World competition at Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod
A community choir group in Suffolk has qualified for one of the “foremost choral events on the international calendar”.
The Suffolk Singers is one of only 12 groups to be taking part in the Choir of the World competition as part of the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod in Wales on Friday, July 18.
The group’s publicist, Janis Haerle, said the competition is the “blue riband event” of the festival. “The Llangollen Eisteddfod is more than a renowned choral festival, it is a celebration of music, dance, costume and culture from nations around the world,” she added.
The choir is also holding auditions for two new singers to join its ranks.
Tenor and bass singers have been invited to audition at a date some time after tomorrow’s sell-out concert in Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The group meet every Thursday evening in Otley village hall between 8pm and 10pm.
To find out more or to register for the auditions visit the group’s website at www.suffolksingers.co.uk.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 9 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion