Panto fun with Goldilocks and the Three Bears
IF you go down to Woodbridge’s Seckford Theatre this Christmas you’re in for a big surprise.
The Deben Players are staging Goldilocks and the Three Bears from this Thursday to January 2.
Full of sketches, slapstick, dance numbers, music and plenty of audience participation, it centres around Dame Sparkles’ efforts to save her circus from the villainous Zarzell.
Hope arrives in the form of her daughter, the titular heroine, who finds out the forest is home to some singing and dancing bears.
Rehearsals, which started in September, have been going well says director Sam Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously the weather’s taken its toll on a couple; we’ve had to cancel them. Hopefully it won‘t interfere any more or with construction of the set.”
The production, which boasts a Seventies’ vibe in terms of music and costumes, promises something for everybody she adds.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“Being based around a circus there’s loads of dancing girls and the three bears have to speak in rhyme. We’ve got Nintendo Wii Fit in there as well; if you think about 3D television… well I don’t want to give too much away.
“It’s good value for a family to come out for two-and-a-half-hours entertainment.”