Paul Heaton, Jacqui Abbott and Billy Bragg announce Thetford Forest gig
- Credit: Archant
The Beautiful South’s Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott return to Thetford Forest next summer.
Their latest album, Crooked Calypso, charted at number two, making it their highest release as a duo to date.
Singer-songwriter Paul, who has some 10million album sales under his belt, hit the big-time in the early 1980s as frontman of Hull-based indie poppers The Housemartins. He went on to form The Beautiful South in 1988, with Jacqui singing lead vocals from 1994 to 2000.
Expect songs from The Housemartins, their albums as a duo and from their The Beautiful South days including Rotterdam, Perfect 10 and Don’t Marry Her.
They will be joined by special guest Billy Bragg at the June 9 Forest Live gig. Tickets go on sale 9am, October 20.
You may also want to watch:
Managed by the Forestry Commission, income from Forest Live gigs helps looks after the nation’s forests.
Take That’s Gary Barlow was the first act announced. He plays Thetford Forest June 8.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed