Peter Andre announces new Ipswich gig date
PETER Andre was today wished a speedy recovery after surgery forced him to postpone last night’s gig at the Regent.
Doctors have advised the 37-year-old to rest after he was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Friday morning in excruciating pain. A spokesman confirmed the singer had emergency surgery, but would not say for what, and that he was released from hospital on Saturday.
Web speculation hinted either gallstones or kidney stones were the cause.
His Friday night show at Plymouth Pavilions – the first night of his Arena Tour – was postponed until December 21.
However, he defied doctors’ orders and performed at Butlins, Minehead, on Sunday afternoon as he didn’t want to let his fans down. According to reports, he spent some of the show sitting down while singing songs from new album, Accelerate.
Last night’s gig at the Regent has been rescheduled for Thursday, December 9, and promoters asked fans to keep their tickets which will remain valid for the new date.
Those unable to attend that show can apply to their original point of purchase for a refund within the next five days.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 7 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 8 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 9 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 10 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
Promoters apologised to all of Andre’s fans, adding they appreciated their support and understanding.
David Mansfield, general manager of the Regent, said: “We wish Peter a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back to the Regent next week.”