Peter Andre announces new Ipswich gig date
PETER Andre was today wished a speedy recovery after surgery forced him to postpone last night’s gig at the Regent.
Doctors have advised the 37-year-old to rest after he was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Friday morning in excruciating pain. A spokesman confirmed the singer had emergency surgery, but would not say for what, and that he was released from hospital on Saturday.
Web speculation hinted either gallstones or kidney stones were the cause.
His Friday night show at Plymouth Pavilions – the first night of his Arena Tour – was postponed until December 21.
However, he defied doctors’ orders and performed at Butlins, Minehead, on Sunday afternoon as he didn’t want to let his fans down. According to reports, he spent some of the show sitting down while singing songs from new album, Accelerate.
You may also want to watch:
Last night’s gig at the Regent has been rescheduled for Thursday, December 9, and promoters asked fans to keep their tickets which will remain valid for the new date.
Those unable to attend that show can apply to their original point of purchase for a refund within the next five days.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
Promoters apologised to all of Andre’s fans, adding they appreciated their support and understanding.
David Mansfield, general manager of the Regent, said: “We wish Peter a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back to the Regent next week.”