Fans dance in the rain at Plan B concert at Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Andy Tatt andytatt.com
Were you at Plan B’s concert at Newmarket Nights, and can you spot yourself or a friend in our photo gallery?
Fans watching the hip hop star on Friday night were hit by a rainstorm, as the long dry spell finally ended in spectacular style.
However, the wet weather couldn’t spoil the party atmosphere, as they wore thin waterproof ponchos and put up colourful umbrellas.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “I am delighted to say that Friday’s Newmarket Nights concert with Plan B was a success. The heavy rain certainly did not dampen the spirits of the crowd who enjoyed what was a fantastic set by Plan B, and we have since had very positive feedback from customers. We are now looking forward to another great evening of racing and music with The Magic of Motown this Friday, August 3.”
Can you see yourself or anyone you know enjoying the show in our picture gallery? Remember to share this post with them and you can also tag them in the comments on social media to let them know.
Plan B, also known as Ben Drew, was playing one of his first UK summer shows in four years, with a set including songs from his new album, Heaven Before All Hell Breaks Loose. See Wayne Savage’s interview with Plan B.
You may also want to watch:
His performance followed on from earlier appearances at the racecourse this season by Demi Lovato, Craig David, Paloma Faith and James Blunt.
Other concerts coming up at Newmarket Nights include The Magic of Motown on August 3, Nile Rodgers & CHIC on August 10 and George Ezra on August 17, while The Vamps will be headlining Summer Saturday Live on August 25.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season