Plan B is next headliner for Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Archant
The next star to perform at Newmarket Nights is Plan B, in one of his first UK summer shows in four years.
The hip hop star and musical maverick will appear on Friday, July 27. He is also well-known as an actor and director, and recently released his fourth album, Heaven Before All Hell Breaks Loose.
He said he was excited to be headlining at Newmarket Racecourses, adding: “Looking forward to playing songs from the new album.”
Plan B, also known as Ben Drew, won a Brit award and three Ivor Novello awards for his second album, The Defamation of Strickland Banks.
His best-known songs include the smash hit She Said, as well as Ill Manors, End Credits and Stay Too Long.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club racecourses, said: “Plan B is a great addition to our line up, it will be his first time at the racecourse but I am sure he will be very popular.”
Other concerts coming up at Newmarket Nights include The Magic of Motown on August 3, Nile Rodgers & CHIC on August 10 and George Ezra on August 17, while The Vamps will be headlining Summer Saturday Live on August 25.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's