Plenty to see at air show
THERE’S so much to see and do at the Heart Air Display 2010 and Classic Car Show at Rougham Airfield next weekend - the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
The Saturday’s short display interlude will include an Autogyro Demo, a Yak 52 and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Dakota display.
Sunday’s main air display includes the Grace Pitts Duo Aerobatic Team, a Saia Marchetti SM 260, the Great War Team, a Bucker Yungmeister, OFMC Spitfire MH434, a very rare Fiat G46, the Sally B, Piper L4 Cub, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire, Hurricane, Yak 52, Brietling Wing Walkers Stearman, P51 Mustang, Gnats Fast Jet Display, Grace Spitfire, Spitfiremark X1 or Hurricane 11b, a possible Strikemaster Jet, an Autogyro Demo and others.
All of the above are, as usual, subject to operational availability, weather and pilot fitness.
On the ground, organisers hope to develop a Battle of Britain awaiting scramble re-enactors scene; there’ll be a Suffolk MVT advanced landing ground set up and a troop movement/air strike scenario as well as wartime Rolls Royce’s Merlin and Griffon Engines in test frames.
Visitors will also be able to enjoy a market, crafts fair, exhibitors and catering stalls, entertainment for the youngsters, live music and a classic car show around the show ring featuring parades of military, commercial and agricultural vehicles.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident