Poll: Excitement builds as Elbow prepare to play at Latitude 2012 - but who are you most looking forward to seeing?
THOUSANDS of people are expected to arrive at Henham Park, Southwold today for the seventh Latitude Festival.
Renowned for its diverse range of artists, this year’s festival is sure to not disappoint.
With Bon Iver, Elbow and Paul Weller headlining on the Obelisk Arena, and comedians such as Tim Minchin making an appearance on one of the 17 other stages, there is something for everyone.
Headlining of the Word Arena are Wild Beasts, The Horrors and White Lies.
While street artists are expected on the music stages, this year you can also expect to see them in the Poetry Arena where rappers and hip hop artists will appear alongside more traditional poets.
Festival-goers are already tweeting about their excitement and the artists are clearly just as keen.
Theatre Uncut tweeted that they were ‘feeling pretty psyched!’ while MonsterComedy simply put ‘EXCITED’.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 7 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 8 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 9 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
Lang Lang also tweeted saying that he was ‘looking forwards to playing @LatitudeFest’ for his first outdoor music festival.
With what Latitude describes as a host of ‘seriously talented performers’ we are asking which one is your unmissable choice?