Big names are heading to pop-up all-weather theatre
- Credit: Ian West/PA Wire
Comedian Ed Byrne, R&B star Alexander O'Neal, and singer Toyah will all be performing at the OEP Live Lavenham air theatre in August.
The theatre has popped up in Bridge Street Road in the historic Suffolk village following the success of drive-in events last summer.
OEP Live promoter John Hessenthaler said: "It is a pop-up covered air theatre, it is a safe environment and all events and concerts are under cover."
"It's a new experience in the heart of Suffolk," added Mr Hessenthaler.
Announcing the arrival of the theatre on their Facebook page, OEP Live said: "This is part of the Wake Up Lavenham plan to show off the features of Lavenham, if you have not been do visit, come to a concert and stay in your campervan or local hotel, you will just love this place!"
What's on in August
You may also want to watch:
The pop-up theatre will be in Lavenham between Tuesday, August 10 and Saturday, August 21 - as well as big name stars there will be top quality tribute acts and a special Fawlty Towers summer picnic experience.
On August 17, Toyah will perform her hits and have a chat to the audience about her impressive career in the entertainment industry.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
Later in the month on August 21, American star Alexander O'Neal will be visiting the Suffolk village with his band and will treat concertgoers to some of his classic R&B hits.
If it is comedy you are after stand up Ed Byrne, known for appearing on BBC panel shows Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, will also be putting in an appearance on August 19, alongside Laura Lexx and Glenn Wool.
OEP Live offer something for everyone and this Sunday, August 15 families will be able to watch a highly acclaimed performance of Horrible Histories performed by the Birmingham Stage Company.
There is air flow throughout the pop-up theatre and audiences are encouraged to bring along a picnic and soak up the atmosphere.