More than 400 photographs in this year’s regional show at Wingfield Barns
- Credit: Archant
Some of the most talented photographers in the region will be exhibiting their work next month at Wingfield Barns.
More than 400 pictures will be on show at the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies’ Annual Exhibition of Monochrome Prints, Colour Prints and Projected Digital Images.
Around 295 members from 40 of the federation’s 126 clubs across the area, including Suffolk and Essex, entered 416 monochrome prints, 515 colour and 913 digital images for selection by three nationally acclaimed judges – Gordon Jenkins, President of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain; Ray Brammall and John Chamberlin.
They selected 109 monochrome, 121 colour and 220 digital images for the display at Wingfield Barns, Church Road, Wingfield, near Eye, and are expecting more than 700 visitors to view the exhibition during its two weeks.
The official opening by federation president Paul Radden takes place on Saturday, May 4, at 2pm followed by the presentation of awards.
The exhibition will open daily until Sunday, May 19 between 10am and 4pm, including weekends and Bank Holiday Monday, May 6 – although the Exhibition will be closed on Monday May 13, and Tuesdays May 7 and 14. On the final day it will close at noon.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143