Princess chosen for Mendlesham village fayre
- Credit: Archant
The princess and her two attendants for an annual Suffolk fayre have been chosen.
Seven-year-old Rosa Stocker has been picked to be Mendlesham princess for the village’s street fair, along with her attendants Lauren Baker and Ezmai Elmer, who are both eight.
The fayre takes place on May 4, between midday and 5pm.
Fayre organiser Sandra Exley said there had been a good amount of entrants to become this year’s princess.
As part of Rosa’s duties as princess she will be part of the procession, take a tour of the stalls and pull out the winning raffle tickets.
As well as stalls, there will be a marching band, morris dancers, bygone vehicles, a bouncy castle and children’s entertainers.
Mrs Exley said: “There will be fun for all the family.”
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
Entry to the fair is £3, and free for under-16s.
To book a stall in the street, call 01449 766483, and to book a craft stall in the village community centre call 01449 766483.