Princess chosen for Mendlesham village fayre
- Credit: Archant
The princess and her two attendants for an annual Suffolk fayre have been chosen.
Seven-year-old Rosa Stocker has been picked to be Mendlesham princess for the village’s street fair, along with her attendants Lauren Baker and Ezmai Elmer, who are both eight.
The fayre takes place on May 4, between midday and 5pm.
Fayre organiser Sandra Exley said there had been a good amount of entrants to become this year’s princess.
As part of Rosa’s duties as princess she will be part of the procession, take a tour of the stalls and pull out the winning raffle tickets.
You may also want to watch:
As well as stalls, there will be a marching band, morris dancers, bygone vehicles, a bouncy castle and children’s entertainers.
Mrs Exley said: “There will be fun for all the family.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Entry to the fair is £3, and free for under-16s.
To book a stall in the street, call 01449 766483, and to book a craft stall in the village community centre call 01449 766483.