Record crowds expected at popular Suffolk festival
- Credit: Archant
A record attendance of more than 10,000 people is expected at a popular west Suffolk festival, which starts on Thursday.
The VW Whitenoise festival is celebrating its fifth year at Euston Park, near Thetford, and its 16th year overall, with a mixture of campers and day visitors set to enjoy music, food and family entertainment.
This year’s live music line-up includes The Neville Staple Band (from The Specials) dance music favourites Shades of Rhythm (Saturday) and soul and funk DJs The Allergies (Friday).
Lucy Haughey, festival organiser, said: “This is our 16th year which is going to be bigger and better than ever.
“This year we have secured sponsorship of the main stage from Lacons Brewery and they will be serving their award winning ales in the Whitenoise bar called The Sunburnt Arms.
You may also want to watch:
“We have an excellent line up of live stage acts, tasty local food, brilliant family entertainment and the best toilet and shower facilities all located in one of the most beautiful parks in the area.
“It’s set to be a fantastic festival with lovely summer weather.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
For more information, visit www.vwwhitenoise.com