Review: Dara O Briain delights with polished show at Ipswich’s Regent Theatre
EVER wished your child’s primary school would give the nativity a miss this year and instead put on its own festive production of Die Hard?
Well Dara O Briain has, and judging from last night’s show at Ipswich’s Regent Theatre, the majority of the crowd were right on his side.
The popular Irish comic and Mock the Week host’s Craic Dealer tour came to town and a packed Regent audience, while a little slow to warm up, was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.
O Briain’s effortless style, only slightly hindered at times by a cold, saw him switch between contrasting topics without pausing for breath, while mercilessly ribbing his front row guests.
His banter with a haunted house salesman, celebrity chauffeur and BT phone bill collator was instinctive and inspired.
You may also want to watch:
O Briain’s tour has been on the road for most of the year and his polished delivery is only matched by the quality of his spontaneous audience interaction.
Ipswich eagerly awaits a return visit.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years