Review/Gallery: Little Mix, DNA Tour, Ipswich Regent, Thursday, February 21
- Credit: Archant
FEW X Factor acts escape their reality show origins; Little Mix are one of the exceptions.
Perrie, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Jade looked and sounded great as they belted out covers of everything from Nicki Minaj’s Superbass and En Vogue’s Don’t Let Go to their own chart-toppers like Wings and DNA.
The largely female audience were on their feet from the start to the very end; screaming “we love you”, waving banners and dancing along.
The foursome put on quite a show. It was no wonder the Little Mixers were chanting more, more when the lights finally went down.
Support came from reconnected, then The Mend. The first, straight off the boyband production line, really got the audience going. They weren’t my cup of tea, but I don’t think they’re going for the 38-year-old male demographic. Maybe it was because one of them reminded me of Harry Potter’s Draco Malfoy.
You may also want to watch:
Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalists The Mend haven’t let being beaten to the final by a dancing dog dent their self-belief; but they were the only weak point of the night for me. Their mash up of I just died in your arms tonight/Written in the stars went down well with the crowd. While their individual voices weren’t bad, their harmonies fell short. If you want to know how to nail it boys, watch Little Mix from the wings.
For the latest entertainment stories, follow me @WhatsonWayne on Twitter.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields