Review: Hormonal Housewives with Toyah Wilcox, Ipswich Regent, March 6
- Credit: Archant
MEN were definitely in the minority at the Ipswich Regent.
I mean, you would have to be a brave specimen to step into the auditorium for a show entitled Hormonal Housewives - especially when Toyah WIlcox and co had promised to regale the audience with tales of PMT hell, full body waxes and playground battles with competitive mothers.
We expected the women of Ipswich to come out on force, in a show of feminine solidarity, but sadly there were spaces all around.
Maybe the name put them off, fear that they too would be branded irrational and downtrodden.
But those that did venture out, would agree it was a great opportunity to bond with their sisters-in-arms, their fellow campaigners for toilet roll replacement, better behaved children and more considerate menfolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was an element of men-bashing, and with such a female-biased audience, it obviously went down well.
But running deeper than that, most of the audience will have been able to pick at least one thread they could relate to, giving them a unity with the cast.
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
A great girls night out, just a shame there were not more of us there.