Review: Hormonal Housewives with Toyah Wilcox, Ipswich Regent, March 6
- Credit: Archant
MEN were definitely in the minority at the Ipswich Regent.
I mean, you would have to be a brave specimen to step into the auditorium for a show entitled Hormonal Housewives - especially when Toyah WIlcox and co had promised to regale the audience with tales of PMT hell, full body waxes and playground battles with competitive mothers.
We expected the women of Ipswich to come out on force, in a show of feminine solidarity, but sadly there were spaces all around.
Maybe the name put them off, fear that they too would be branded irrational and downtrodden.
But those that did venture out, would agree it was a great opportunity to bond with their sisters-in-arms, their fellow campaigners for toilet roll replacement, better behaved children and more considerate menfolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was an element of men-bashing, and with such a female-biased audience, it obviously went down well.
But running deeper than that, most of the audience will have been able to pick at least one thread they could relate to, giving them a unity with the cast.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
A great girls night out, just a shame there were not more of us there.