Review: Hormonal Housewives with Toyah Wilcox, Ipswich Regent, March 6
- Credit: Archant
MEN were definitely in the minority at the Ipswich Regent.
I mean, you would have to be a brave specimen to step into the auditorium for a show entitled Hormonal Housewives - especially when Toyah WIlcox and co had promised to regale the audience with tales of PMT hell, full body waxes and playground battles with competitive mothers.
We expected the women of Ipswich to come out on force, in a show of feminine solidarity, but sadly there were spaces all around.
Maybe the name put them off, fear that they too would be branded irrational and downtrodden.
But those that did venture out, would agree it was a great opportunity to bond with their sisters-in-arms, their fellow campaigners for toilet roll replacement, better behaved children and more considerate menfolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was an element of men-bashing, and with such a female-biased audience, it obviously went down well.
But running deeper than that, most of the audience will have been able to pick at least one thread they could relate to, giving them a unity with the cast.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 9 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat
A great girls night out, just a shame there were not more of us there.