Review: Ipswich Invasion, Best of British Wrestling, Trinity Park, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Anybody know where I can get an extra small wrestler’s unitard? I think I’ve found my new career.
There were thrills and plenty of spills as the best of British showed America’s fighters how it’s done in front of an appreciative audience who had braved the bad weather.
Surrounded by smack talking spectators, all yelling, screaming and baiting the wrestlers as they grappled in and out of the ring, the atmosphere was electric at times.
“Wonderkid” Jonny Storm, VooDoo, Columbia’s “The Misfit” Jorge Castano, the current BOBW champion “The Cockney Crusader” Greg Burridge, Team Reem – aka Danny Blaze and Lennox Gilby - Paul Tyrrell, Steve Morocco, The Rage, The Inferno Dragon, the “High Flying” Paul Robinson, “The King of Old School” Steve Corino and more took part in action-packed singles and tag team bouts.
Top referee Mal Mason had his job cut out keeping them under control during more than two action-packed hours. Luckily the wrestlers behaved themselves when I tried my hand at emceeing.
You may also want to watch:
If you missed Best of British Wrestling this time around, check them out at Pontin’s, Pakefield, on May 29.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more