Review: Peter Andre at Ipswich Regent
JUST weeks after being hospitalised with a stomach complaint, Peter Andre returned to Ipswich and wowed a packed crowd at the Ipswich Regent last night.
Peter Andre, Ipswich Regent, December 9
RETURNING to Ipswich for the second time this year, Peter Andre managed to impress all over again, with his new tour XLR8 (which took us a moment to figure out...accelerate).
Having been forced to cancel the initial date last week due to sickness, it seems the lengthened wait for his return only increased the fever pitch atmosphere of the predominantly female audience.
Now back to full fitness, Peter put on an incredibly slick and polished performance, with no hint of the illness that saw him hospitalised less than two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Surrounded by a team of 10 dancers (known as Team Andre) and flanked by his two brothers you can tell that Pete is in his element.
A collection of ‘retro’ songs were performed, taking the audience back to the ‘90’s with crowd pleasers such as ‘Flava’, ‘Natural’ and the R Kelly classic ‘Vibe’.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
The seemingly now obligatory Michael Jackson medley was showcased, and seemed to be when Pete’s voice was at its strongest.
Preceding the medley was a video of Pete’s young son, Junior, tackling a very impressive moonwalk - indicating that it won’t be long before he is following in his dad’s footsteps.
Belting out the ballads that made him famous first time around, ‘I Feel You’ was an absolute crowd pleaser, particularly when one lucky lady was chosen from the audience to be serenaded by the man himself.
Mr Andre finished up with a new song written for him by Taio Cruz and Guy Chambers (who penned the Robbie Williams hit ‘Angels’) called ‘Perfect Night’.
I’m sure that those who attended last night would agree that it really was.
Speaking after the show, Leonie from Kesgrave said “Peter definitely gets better with age. His voice, his attitude, his looks; he has the whole package.”
Kate from Colchester said “This is my second time seeing Peter in a year, and I’m already looking forward to next year - he never disappoints!”