Review: Pop princess Alexandra Burke was simply stunning at Ipswich Regent
IPSWICH REGENT: Hot on the well-trodden heels of Elaine Paige the previous night, I was fully prepared to feel well past my sell-by date, but what a pleasant surprise....
A great sight to see our theatre full to bursting with young and old, all out to enjoy the country’s favourite X-Factor winner, Alexandra Burke, who has more than earnt her place as one of our top female vocalists.
Supported by two up and coming acts, five-piece girl band Parade, who treated us to a selection of dance tracks with some great vocals – definitely one to watch – followed by young Scottish vocalist Carrie Mack, performing a mixed set including her forthcoming single.
All leading up to the main event, there was a definite air of excitement as we all waited for Alexandra to take the stage.
Well, we certainly weren’t disappointed – from the moment she stepped out onto the stage and filled the auditorium with her amazing voice, the audience were entranced.
You may also want to watch:
Performing all her hits plus much more, including the fabulous acoustic track Perfect, this was a concert not to be missed.
The tribute medley to Destiny’s Child also deserves a special mention.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
As this was the final night of her debut tour, there were a few tears shed as Alexandra took everyone on part of her journey. If, as promised, she’s back next year, book straight away – brilliant!