Review: Pop princess Alexandra Burke was simply stunning at Ipswich Regent
IPSWICH REGENT: Hot on the well-trodden heels of Elaine Paige the previous night, I was fully prepared to feel well past my sell-by date, but what a pleasant surprise....
A great sight to see our theatre full to bursting with young and old, all out to enjoy the country’s favourite X-Factor winner, Alexandra Burke, who has more than earnt her place as one of our top female vocalists.
Supported by two up and coming acts, five-piece girl band Parade, who treated us to a selection of dance tracks with some great vocals – definitely one to watch – followed by young Scottish vocalist Carrie Mack, performing a mixed set including her forthcoming single.
All leading up to the main event, there was a definite air of excitement as we all waited for Alexandra to take the stage.
Well, we certainly weren’t disappointed – from the moment she stepped out onto the stage and filled the auditorium with her amazing voice, the audience were entranced.
Performing all her hits plus much more, including the fabulous acoustic track Perfect, this was a concert not to be missed.
The tribute medley to Destiny’s Child also deserves a special mention.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
As this was the final night of her debut tour, there were a few tears shed as Alexandra took everyone on part of her journey. If, as promised, she’s back next year, book straight away – brilliant!