Review: Rick Astley, Thetford Forest, Saturday, July 1
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
A balmy evening sheltered in the glade of the forest with a slight breeze blowing across the arena was the setting for a wonderful evening courtesy of Rick Astley.
Thousands of people converged on High Lodge to see the star perform some of his best known songs along with some of his newer material during his 90-minute set.
Foldable chairs and rugs were the order of the evening along with plastic knives, forks, cups and wine goblets as the fans tucked into their picnics prior to the show.
‘Together Forever’, ‘Hold Me In Your Arms’ and ‘Cry For Help’ were followed by tracks from his 50 album including ‘Angels On My Side’, ‘Keep Singing’ and ‘Pieces’ and his encore included ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’.
Earlier the dulcet tones of Rumer echoed across the forest as she opened the evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash