Review: Shappi Khorsandi - Mistress And Misfit, The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, May 14
- Credit: Archant
Her sharp, wise crack humour had her audience in stitches with her one-woman show.
From family life as a single mum to her brief stardom in “I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here” and from her liaisons with Jeremy Corbyn to her descriptive time as being part of a threesome there was so much to laugh at from her near two-hour performance.
Shappi also delved into the murky life of England’s unsung heroine Emma Hamilton and her love life with Horatio Nelson linking her lifestyle with that of the hero’s lover.
She had plenty to say in her quirky style and said it with pointedness and potency.
Education, immigration and being upgraded as white while in hospital struck a nerve with her audience who she jokingly likened as Radio 4 listeners.
The star of “Live At The Apollo”, “Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow”, “Friday Night with Jonathan Ross”, Have I Got News for You” and “Q.I”, Shappi’s show was just full of effortless humour as she handled every subject with her razor sharp wit and deliciously cheeky delivery with endless charm.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005