Red Lodge gets ready for Bank Holiday music festival
- Credit: Archant
The first-ever Red Lodge Rhythm and Brews Festival is to take place over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
It will feature 30 acts, including regional artistes Five Ska, Graham Buxton, Nik Lowe, Mary Yve B and The Memphis Underground.
The event, which is taking place on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, August 25, 26 and 27, will include a fly over by East Anglian Air Ambulance, fire breathing, stilt walkers, fire truck and fire fighters, face painting and bouncy castle.
It is taking place at the Red Lodge Steakhouse and Bar and Casey-Lee Yendle, who took over the premises a year ago said: “I’ve had excellent support from the local community and wanted to give something back. I decided it would be a great idea to put on a music festival and, at the same time, raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance and other local charities.”
Local musician Jacen Bruce is hosting the music and will be performing over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m very excited about the acts that will be appearing. There’s a great line-up of bands, musicians and singer-songwriters, with styles ranging from ska, rock, country and blues to indie pop and rockabilly.”
Adult tickets are £10 per day or £15 for the complete three-day event, which also includes two pints of beer or soft drink. Under 12s tickets are £5 incudes 3 soft drinks.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
Full details and bookings can be made either online at https://www.jacenbruce.com/rhythm-and-brews-festival or at the Red Lodge Steakhouse and Bar who can be contacted on 01638 750531.