‘Huge’ demand for tickets to see Rod Stewart in Ipswich
- Credit: Manchester Evening News
The demand for tickets to see Rod Stewart in Ipswich has been huge, concert promoters say.
The legend visits Portman Road on June 7 next year as part of a UK tour taking in football stadiums and outdoor venues.
Promoters Cuffe and Taylor say the demand for tickets has been massive since they went on sale last week and an extra date has already been added to the tour – though not in Ipswich – which will now kick off in Bristol.
Director Peter Taylor said: “The demand for Rod Stewart Live In Concert has been phenomenal.
“We have worked with Rod on numerous occasions on single shows and full tours and it is safe to say this is the most incredible on sale we have ever experienced.
You may also want to watch:
“We are excited to be bringing Rod to what is a new venue for us as gig promoters and look forward to welcoming his fans to Ipswich in June.
“This will be a fantastic concert and I would urge anyone who is still thinking about their purchase to act quickly so they can be sure of seeing this show.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 8 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
“Rod performed at Portman Road in the 1990s and 2007 so it will be great to see him return to the town after more than 10 years.”
This will be Rod’s first UK tour in three years following the success of two sold-out tours in 2016 – The UK Hits Stadium Tour and the arena tour “From Gasoline Alley to Another Country Hits.”
It promises to be a memorable musical summer in Ipswich, with superstar Ed Sheeran also playing three nights at Chantry Park in August.
Tickets for those shows went on sale on Thursday, and there has been huge demand.
There is currently still availability on all three dates: August 23, 24 and 25.
Ed’s dates are just a handful announced in the UK for next year, with the Ipswich gigs closing his tour.
Promoters say Rod’s 2019 shows promise to be filled with both classics and new hits in his dazzling signature style.
As one of the best-selling artists in the history of recorded music, with more than 200 million records sold worldwide, his performance will include show stopping classics from his glittering career as well as new album Blood Red Roses.
Tickets to see him at Portman Road are available now from www.ticketmaster.co.uk