Russell Howard leads Latitude comedy line-up
- Credit: PA
Russell Howard will headline this year’s Latitude Festival comedy line-up.
The star of Mock The Week and Good News will be joined by the likes of Josh Widdicombe, Reggie Watts, Paul Merton’s Impro Chums, Al Murray, David O’Doherty, Sara Pascoe, Hal Cruttenden, Cardinal Burns and Shazia Mirza.
Tania Harrison, Latitude’s curator of the arts, said: “Latitude has always prided itself on the breadth of our-line ups and this year is very exciting. In the comedy and cabaret Arenas you’ll find newcomers, rising stars and international acts.
“We have comedy in all its guises, including the first of our announced headliners; Russell Howard, who we’re delighted is headlining on Friday. Russell is joined on the bill by some of the most brilliant UK and US comics including Josh Widdicombe, Reggie Watts and Bridget Everett.
“We’re also presenting some of the most vibrant cabaret, from Duckie and The Glory. There’s a home for every kind of comic and comedy fan at Latitude this year.”
Last month details were unveiled of music stars who will play – including New Order, American rock act The National and indie group The Maccabees – along with those who will grace the theatre and poetry bill.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers said the comedy line-up was the largest of the summer festivals taking place in the UK and “an unrivalled opportunity to see some of the biggest names in the industry” over the same weekend.
Russell Howard has enjoyed massive success with his TV show Russell Howard’s Good News, establishing him as one of the UK’s most successful comedians, while Josh Widdicombe is one of the most in demand and highly-regarded comedians in the UK for both his live stand-up and TV work, including Channel 4’s award-winning The Last Leg and BBC3 sitcom Josh, commissioned for a second series.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
Paul Merton, one of the UK’s most popular comedians, performs with his Impro Chums Mike McShane, Lee Simpson, Richard Vranch and Suki Webster, creating a new show inspired by suggestions from the Latitude audience and using their improvisational skills.
This year’s festival is July 14-17 and Henham Park, Southwold. See the full comedy line-up here.