Sam Smith reveals guest for Thetford Forest show on Friday, July 3
- Credit: Archant
Grammy award-winning singer Sam Smith has confirmed a special guest for his first comeback show after throat surgery.
The 23-year-old announced on Twitter that he will be supported by singer-songwriter, Frances, at his Thetford Forest show on Friday, July 3.
Smith said that he “could not wait” to play for fans again, following surgery to correct throat damage in May.
He had to cancel a series of shows following the surgery – including the Radio 1 Big Weekend event at Norwich – and fears had been raised that he would miss the Forest Live event.
Last Tuesday he shared a video on his Facebook page showing him talking for the first time in three weeks, in which he said he would be back on July 3 to perform.
You may also want to watch:
In a post on her Facebook page, Frances said she was “so excited” to be supporting Smith, at what she said would be a “beautiful show”.
She has just released a new single, Grow, which has been given airtime on Radio 1.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
Other acts performing at Thetford include Paloma Faith, whose show is now sold out, as is Smith’s, and Tom Odell, who will perform on the Sunday