It’s sausage dog walk round two, after torrential rain hit previous event
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of dachshund owners will be heading for the coast to take part in the Southwold Sausage Walk, Round Two - and hoping for good weather after the event was rained off last month.
The event is taking place on Saturday, November 23. Organiser Laura Baggott said: "We are super-excited and can't wait to see everyone!"
They previously attempted to hold the walk on October 6, but strong winds and torrential rain made it impossible to go ahead.
However, more than 150 four-legged friends and their owners kept themselves entertained in Southwold Pier's cafe.
Money raised from this weekend's event will go to support the charity Dedicated to Dachshunds, which helps dogs with intervertebral disc disease (IVDD).
You may also want to watch:
Laura founded the walk in 2017 to raise funds for dog charities. Her own pet, Percy, was diagnosed with IVDD in June last year and was left paralysed. Over the past year, he has learned to walk again and is now living as normal a life as he can.
Dogs and owners will meet in the Harbour Quay East Car Park at 10.30am.
As well as the walk to the pier, there will be a range of stalls. For more information, visit the event page on Facebook.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad