See pictures as Rick Stein appears at Bury St Edmunds Food and Drink Festival
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chefs and local producers were the stars of the show on the first day of the annual Bury St Edmunds Food and Drink Festival.
With demonstrations from the son of Rick Stein, Jack, as well as from other local chefs, the festival saw thousands descend on the town centre.
A range of producers, many from the local area such as Ixworth-based Curry With Love, showcased their food and drink across the town.
The festival is organised by the Business Improvement District Ourburystedmunds and also featured the return of the beach in the Arc shopping centre.
The star chef today, when the festival continues, will be former Ready Steady Cook favourite Paul Rankin, who will be on stage in the Corhnhill at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
At noon Bourgee, the latest restaurant to set up in Bury at the restored Cupola House, take their turn.
They will be followed by The Angel Hotel at 2pm and Wagamama at 4pm.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia