Seven places to enjoy a summer swim in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: PA
The summer holidays have started so you will be trying to think of things to do with the kids. Unfortunately in the UK the weather is not always on our side, so we have created a list of the best indoor and outdoor places to go for a swim.
Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Center Parcs
Elveden Forest in Brandon is home to the Center Parcs holiday complex, and it is one of our favourite places to go swimming.
It has a main pool, four whirlpools, a new lagoon pool, wild water rapids, the thrilling water ride Tropical Cyclone and a number of slides.
However, the facilities are only available to guests staying at Center Parcs.
You may also want to watch:
Perfect for a summer’s day this outdoor heated swimming pool is great for an early morning swim or a family day out.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
It has a separate pool for toddlers as well as paddling pools and a new inflatable aqua run.
The summer season runs to September 10.
The quality of this beach has been recognised over the years with numerous Keep Britain Tidy Blue Flag awards.
Enjoy a family day on the beach, playing games and going for a dip.
To put your mind at ease the beach is covered by RNLI lifeguards until September 10.
Leisure World Colchester
This pool has it all from leisure flumes, a crazy river, slides, and shipwreck water cannons.
Whatever the weather, you can enjoy a day of family fun here.
Why not bring a beach ball to play with too?
Felixstowe Leisure Centre
This swimming pool is only two minutes away from the beach, so you could fit both into your day.
The facility has a slide, a child’s pool and an inflatable assault course to enjoy.
There is also soft play for the little ones.
Bungay pool and Gym
Why not teach your child how to swim this summer? Either teach them yourselves or sign them up for swimming lessons at Bungay pool.
The pool also has inflatable fun sessions and a slide to try,
It is also available for private hire which could come in handy if you are planning a birthday party.
Mersea stone beach
Enjoy a day on the beach, swimming in the sea, enjoying a picnic and playing games.
There are also the remains of a Tudor fort to explore.
Make sure you pack your sun cream!