Ed sends super-fan Teigan a ‘perfect’ surprise
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
Ed Sheeran has lent his support to a Suffolk charity after being inspired by the girl behind it.
The parents of eight-year-old Teigan Bayliss, from Stanningfield, have thanked the singer for donating £500 of memorabilia for them to auction off for their charity - TeiganSmile.
But that’s not the only surprise Framlingham’s Ed had in store. He also sent Teigan, who has Cerebral Palsy, a signed album and T-shirt.
Sheeran, who has gained a reputation for popping up at weddings and events as a surprise, also hinted he would like to meet Teigan one day soon.
Teigan and her younger sister Tracey are both massive Ed Sheeran fans and love his chart-topping single Perfect.
You may also want to watch:
Dad Tony said Teigan was very excited to receive her surprise from Ed.
Alongside his wife Rebecca, Tony has been planning a festival called TeigyFest 2019, which will raise money for TeiganSmile.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
The festival will take place on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 at the Suffolk Academy in Barrow near Bury St Edmunds.
Teigan was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy after she contracted meningitis from neonatal herpes - part of the cold sore virus - which she contracted from a kiss as a newborn baby.