Shilton gets Strictly boot
GOALKEEPING legend Peter Shilton couldn’t save himself from the boot as he was kicked off Strictly Come Dancing last night.
His Charleston with partner Erin Boag was derided by the judges, resulting in the lowest score - a paltry 17 out of 40.
The judges’ scores left Shilton and Destiny’s Child singer Michelle Williams at the bottom of the leaderboard.
But the combination of the judges’ scores and viewer votes meant it was Shilton and Boag who were the ones to say goodbye to the show last night.
Shilton said: “I’ve had a fantastic time, but I’m disappointed for Erin as I didn’t dance as good as I could have.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m going to miss the spirit amongst the competitors - it’s been great. I won’t miss the judges, obviously! I’ve been taught by the best in the business.’’
Next week the contestants will perform either the Viennese Waltz or an Argentine Tango.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints