Suffolk engineering museum to host night of folk, fish and chips
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk folk quartet will play a concert in support of a museum showcasing the county’s industrial heritage.
The Shingle Street Folk Band are to perform an evening of traditional and contemporary folk music and the Long Shop Museum in Leiston on Saturday, August 4.
Band members Stephen Harding, Chris Pearce, Mike Tyndale-Biscoe and Jane Burn are said to be known for their “close harmonies and subtle accompaniment”.
Concert-goers will also be able to enjoy an option fish and chip supper served up during the interval.
Earlier this year, the quartet performed a Scottish-themed charity concert celebrating the poet Robert Burns at St Botolph’s Church in Culpho, north of Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Doors for Long Shop concert open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. Tickets cost £15 with supper or £10 without. The venue is not licensed to serve alcohol but visitors are welcome to bring their own.
Contact the Long Shop on 01728 832189.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan