Suffolk engineering museum to host night of folk, fish and chips
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk folk quartet will play a concert in support of a museum showcasing the county’s industrial heritage.
The Shingle Street Folk Band are to perform an evening of traditional and contemporary folk music and the Long Shop Museum in Leiston on Saturday, August 4.
Band members Stephen Harding, Chris Pearce, Mike Tyndale-Biscoe and Jane Burn are said to be known for their “close harmonies and subtle accompaniment”.
Concert-goers will also be able to enjoy an option fish and chip supper served up during the interval.
Earlier this year, the quartet performed a Scottish-themed charity concert celebrating the poet Robert Burns at St Botolph’s Church in Culpho, north of Ipswich.
Doors for Long Shop concert open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. Tickets cost £15 with supper or £10 without. The venue is not licensed to serve alcohol but visitors are welcome to bring their own.
Contact the Long Shop on 01728 832189.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town