Shotley Gate-based band The Smokin’ Hogs enter UK blues competition
Shotley Gate band The Smokin’ Hogs have entered a nation-wide search for the UK’s best unsigned and original blues talent.
The New Brunswick Battle of the Blues competition is being led by the Canadian province of New Brunswick. The winner will be flown out to perform at the world-renowned Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival in Fredericton next September.
Heats will be held throughout the country, with the south east round held at The New Crawdaddy Blues Club, Billericay, on January 19.
“Smokin’ Hogs would love to get through to the heat and go on to win this competition so we have the opportunity to play at such a major international festival and to get our music heard by a new audience in Canada,” says Steve Soer from the band.
“It’s fantastic this competition encourages original blues bands to step forward and be heard. This competition and festival plays a great role in helping to keep the blues alive.”
You may also want to watch:
For others looking to take part in the competition, the deadline for pre-heat entries is December 15.
Successful unsigned bands or singer-songwriters producing original work will be picked to perform at the south east with the regional winners traveling to London for the final in March.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
Regional runners-up will be put to a public vote and the winner will also get to perform on the London stage.
For more details visit www.tourismnewbrunswick.co.uk