Should there be a statue of Ed Sheeran in Framlingham?
- Credit: Greg Williams
A radio breakfast show host has suggested Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran should have a statue built.
The subject came up in this morning’s Radio One Breakfast Show, which Ed is co-hosting with Scott Mills and Chris Stark, after releasing two new songs following a year’s break from music.
One of Ed’s heroes, former England and Newcastle United star Alan Shearer was also on the show, and it was mentioned there was a statue of the striker in his home city of Newcastle.
“But you’ve not got a statue, so surely that’s the next thing?” Stark said to Ed.
Ed said Shearer’s statue was the “coolest thing”.
He also remarked on his experience of having a wax work made of him for Madame Tussauds’ museum in London.
You may also want to watch:
“On the day they pretty much strip you naked and poke at you for five hours,” he said.
“It’s the most awkward thing.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
His appearance on the show comes after the singer, who grew up in Framlingham, has treated fans to two new singles from his upcoming album, Divide.
Shape Of You and Castle On The Hill were posted on iTunes and YouTube at 5am today.
Ed, who took a break from music in 2015, wrote on his Twitter page: “Cause I’ve been away for a bit here’s two singles rather than one.”
Do you think there should be a statue of Ed in his home town of Framlingham? Let us know by taking part in our poll.