Singer Ed Sheeran helps fellow musician pop the question in video
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran has appeared in a star-studded video helping a fellow musician propose to his girlfriend.
Jim MacAulay, a 30-year-old session drummer, recruited Ed, who attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, alongside some of his other music business contacts to pop the question to Sophie Hancock. In the video, which took four years to compile with Ms Hancock’s favourite musicians, Ed tells the couple to get married and “have a bunch of kids”.
Mr MacAulay, who lives with Ms Hancock in Birmingham, said: “It has to be quite good when you have left it so long to propose.
“I deliberately asked people who I knew Sophie was a fan of. She loves Ed Sheeran so I was really pleased he was so willing to help out. It took four years because you can’t just go up to people and ask them, you have to meet them and establish that you aren’t an idiot.”
The video was shown to Ms Hancock at a special screening before Christmas. Other stars featured include Ronan Keating, Bob Geldof, Dermot O’Leary and the American singer Cee Lo Green.
“She said yes, thankfully, so it was all worthwhile,” Mr MacAulay said.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 8 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket