Singer Ed Sheeran helps fellow musician pop the question in video
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran has appeared in a star-studded video helping a fellow musician propose to his girlfriend.
Jim MacAulay, a 30-year-old session drummer, recruited Ed, who attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, alongside some of his other music business contacts to pop the question to Sophie Hancock. In the video, which took four years to compile with Ms Hancock’s favourite musicians, Ed tells the couple to get married and “have a bunch of kids”.
Mr MacAulay, who lives with Ms Hancock in Birmingham, said: “It has to be quite good when you have left it so long to propose.
“I deliberately asked people who I knew Sophie was a fan of. She loves Ed Sheeran so I was really pleased he was so willing to help out. It took four years because you can’t just go up to people and ask them, you have to meet them and establish that you aren’t an idiot.”
The video was shown to Ms Hancock at a special screening before Christmas. Other stars featured include Ronan Keating, Bob Geldof, Dermot O’Leary and the American singer Cee Lo Green.
You may also want to watch:
“She said yes, thankfully, so it was all worthwhile,” Mr MacAulay said.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first