'Joy' at Newmarket Nights return as Sir Tom Jones wows crowd
- Credit: Mark Ellis/ The Jockey Club Live
Sir Tom Jones' barnstorming performance at Newmarket Nights showed what a "joy" it was for gigs at the Suffolk racecourse to return, organisers have said.
Stars Olly Murs, Jess Glynne, Rick Astley and McFly will all take to the stage at Newmarket Racecourse this year after the popular concert series was cancelled in 2020 due to Covid-19.
Newmarket Racecourse general manager Sophie Able said: "The atmosphere was fantastic and Tom Jones put on an incredible show, performing songs from his most recent number one album as well as all the crowd-pleasers.
"We're already looking forward to welcoming Olly Murs on Friday for what is set to be another memorable evening of racing and music."
Tickets are still available for the upcoming 2021 concerts, which also include a night at the races.
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket Nights organisers have already announced The Script and Pete Tong's Ibiza Classics for next summer.
You can find more information at the Newmarket Racecourse website.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week