Snape: New festival brings Brazil to Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A new festival will bring a touch of Brazil to the Suffolk coast this autumn.
FLIPSIDE, a mini version of Brazil’s leading literary event FLIP (Festa Literaria Internacional de Paraty), debuts at Snape Maltings from October 4-6.
“With the World Cup in 2014 and the next Olympic games coming up in Rio De Janeiro in 2016 there is an ever-growing interest in Britain in all things Brazilian. We plan to take advantage of that and bring Brazil’s cultural riches right into the heart of the UK,” said Liz Calder, co-founder and president of FLIP.
“FLIPSIDE will bring a selection of the best of FLIP to the Suffolk coast, introducing to British audiences some of Brazil’s finest writers, musicians and other artists.”
The weekend of literature, art, music and dance will open with a tribute to the poet and lyricist Vinicius de Moraes and composer Antonio Carlos Jobim, who together created the bossa nova, by a group of major Brazilian musicians and writers to be revealed next month.
You may also want to watch:
FLIP, which celebrated its tenth anniversary last year, attracts audiences of more than 25,000 in Brazil.
For more details visit www.flipsidefestival.co.uk
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement