Soprano singer Alice Howell, 19, to perform solo at The Cut, Halesworth, in four languages
- Credit: Archant
A young Suffolk singer is preparing for her biggest ever solo show – in which she will perform in four languages.
Alice Howell has returned from studying music at Chichester University for a hometown performance at The Cut in Halesworth.
The 19-year-old soprano, who will be accompanied by Will Drew-Batty on piano, says she is “nervous but excited” ahead of her “biggest ever show”.
Her repertoire is set to include popular songs from musicals as well as classical works sung in English, German, French and Italian.
“It’s got something for everyone,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Alice’s singing talents first emerged at the age of 12 when she took the role of Maid Marian in Halesworth Middle School’s pantomime production of Robin Hood. She went on to take prominent roles in Mini Mouth productions and shows at Bungay High School.
In 2016, she had a leading role in the Suffolk All Stars show at The Cut. In her two years at City College , Norwich, she performed in no fewer than seven shows alongside completing an extended diploma in musical theatre.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
In her first year at university, she has gained a place in the chamber choir and is among a group of just 12 who sing for the Otter Consort, with performances at Chichester, Winchester and Leeds cathedrals.
Tickets for her show at The Cut at 7.30pm on Thursday, July 6, cost £7. Call 0300 3033211 or email the box office.