St Edmundsbury Male Voice choir to link up with German choirs for concert at Bury church
- Credit: Archant
The St Edmundsbury Male Voice Choir is linking up with two German choirs for a concert in St Mary’s church, Bury St Edmunds, next month.
It is taking place on Saturday, May 12, and comes following a friendship that started in the 1990s.
In 1983 Haverhill became twinned with Ehringhausen, in Germany, and as part of the link the late Les Ager arranged for St Edmundsbury Male Voice Choir to sing a concert with Männergesangverein 1865 Werdorf.
Contact between the two choirs has flourished and in 2015 St Edmundsbury sang with the German male choir at their 150th birthday celebrations.
SEMVC chairman Tony Farr said: “The link has been very beneficial for both choirs and a lot of fun with some excellent singing.”
You may also want to watch:
Also taking part at St Mary’s will be Allegro, a younger, mixed choir under the direction of Sandra Weiler.
Reiner Getz, the musical director of Männergesangverein 1865 Werdorf, will also be performing an organ solo.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
Tickets are £10 and are available from St Mary’s Church, Balaams Music on Risbygate Street or telephone 01284 719236 to reserve your ticket.