St Edmundsbury Male Voice choir to link up with German choirs for concert at Bury church
- Credit: Archant
The St Edmundsbury Male Voice Choir is linking up with two German choirs for a concert in St Mary’s church, Bury St Edmunds, next month.
It is taking place on Saturday, May 12, and comes following a friendship that started in the 1990s.
In 1983 Haverhill became twinned with Ehringhausen, in Germany, and as part of the link the late Les Ager arranged for St Edmundsbury Male Voice Choir to sing a concert with Männergesangverein 1865 Werdorf.
Contact between the two choirs has flourished and in 2015 St Edmundsbury sang with the German male choir at their 150th birthday celebrations.
SEMVC chairman Tony Farr said: “The link has been very beneficial for both choirs and a lot of fun with some excellent singing.”
Also taking part at St Mary’s will be Allegro, a younger, mixed choir under the direction of Sandra Weiler.
Reiner Getz, the musical director of Männergesangverein 1865 Werdorf, will also be performing an organ solo.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
Tickets are £10 and are available from St Mary’s Church, Balaams Music on Risbygate Street or telephone 01284 719236 to reserve your ticket.